11.21.2009

I broke down and made a book wreath

I have seen Living with Lindsay's book wreath spread through blogland like wild fire.
I didn't own a glue gun (OMG, I know, I am kind of a newbie), so I wasn't able to do this project even though I thought it was gorgeous and everyone who recreated it had amazing results.

Well, I was looking for something I could do while watching TV and since it gets dark so early, something that didn't call for me to be outside spraying something. This was the perfect solution. And also thanks to Lindsay's blog title "...one glue gun burn at a time" I was well aware to get a dual heat glue gun during my trip to Michael's.

This project cost me $3 (I needed 2 books) plus the cost of the glue gun which I will be putting to good use now.

Here is the result. Of course I don't think it looks as good as the original, but its perfectly imperfect :)

heads up- not its final resting place and not a great picture at all...



Update:
My desk is home and the frame is painted!! Still need to do drawers and knobs and top. Hopefully by Monday it will be complete :)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous! I think I like it better than the original! I love that it's kind of two-toned. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts :)