11.02.2009

Give Back



The time of the year is coming where those who are fortunate enough to be able to, will give back to those who aren't. I'm going to start a little challenge (with myself mostly) but would like to see who would be willing to come along for the ride. I am setting aside $20 this holiday season. That's it. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but that is where the challenge comes in.

With my couponing knowledge I will make that $20 go further than me writing a check for $50 would.

The first things I bought with full intention of donating, are the items in the photo below.



The Fiber One cereal I got through the Target deal here. I actually only spent $3 or so out of pocket and for a $5 Target gift card. So I am not counting that as spending any money as I actually earned $2 to Target by making that purchase.
The Suave body wash I got for free during a Harris Teeter Triples week a few weeks ago. So it is a good start and I have not spent any money yet.

Retail- $19.00
Paid- $0
Left to Spend- $20

I will keep you posted as I make more purchases to see how far I really do make this $20 go!

If any of you decide to join in on the fun, please send me a comment or a link to your posts about your donations!
Happy Hunting!

** My donations will be going to the Food Bank of Central NC

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome idea! I have a small collection of goods that I got for free or made money on that will be going to a homeless shelter here in Chicago. It is crazy what you can get with a little know how and coupons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is a wonderful thing. I am not able to sit here and write a check for $100 on a whim, but i sure can take 20$ and buy almost that much in good that those people will be able to use! when you cant give alot, give smart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts :)