11.30.2009

Cricut Confusion!

I know I am like 2 years late but, I need some serious help understanding this machine. First of all, I don't own one yet, but I want to get the skinny on this baby so I can become the proud owner of one.
I have decided to go big or go home. I want the Expression. Now, why I need your help.

I would like to be able to do wall monograms such as the one below. Does the Cricut do this? And if so what cartridge?


I don't even know a millionth of the stuff this bug can do so please fill me in :)

If someone would leave me a comment with a link up some work they have done with theirs and the cartridges they used to do them that would be great!

What is every ones opinion about them? Worth the money? Favorite cartridges? Is the Jukebox "the best accessory"?

Any direction would be super helpful! Thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't help you on that one but I wanted to say thank you for the comment on my blog and if you make the stamped silverware I would love to see your creations. Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay the cricut alone does not hook letters together. It does print out letters singly or in a word but they are not linked. There is a link that goes to the cricut website and they do have some very informative videos you can watch..or call a michaels store to see when their next demo is. That is what I did. I went to the demo for their new thingee - the gypsy and had the woman walk me through the whole dang thing. They gypsy is an accessory that you use with the cricut that will allow you to drag letters and hook them together in a cursive sort of way to make a single word.
    Hope that helps somewhat.

    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never....in addition to what Tammy said...If you get the Design Studio for the Cricut, it is a computer program that links your computer to you Cricut and I think it makes it 10 TIMES easier to use the Cricut and you can "weld" things together..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts :)