11.18.2009

Shiny Pineys

On Monday, 2 of the 6 preset radio stations I have in my car turned to all Christmas all the time. Did I mention it was 76 degrees on Monday? It has been hard for me to kind of get into Christmas groove because the weather has been fantastic and the leaves are still brilliantly colored (example below-sitting in the drive through at Chick-fil-a)


Well, I decided to muster up some holiday spirit and give a Christmas project a try. Since I wasn't sure my heart was is it, I didn't want to spend lots of dough (or any at all really). So, I meandered through the tree line of our house and found some pine cones (Shout out to Hurricane Ida for making that task take all of about 30 seconds). I had to spend $1.50 on screw eyes, and $2.50 on spray paint.
Here is how it went down...

Stuff I needed:



How I did it:
Just screwed the eyes into the bottom of the pine cones-


After they were all screwed in a took them outside and made a little make shift spray boxey-thing so I could spray them all the way around without them being rolled over-


Then, just took a piece of ribbon and put the ends through 2 pine cones (so you could pick it up in the middle and have them hanging equally on either side) Did this 2 times so i have 2 separate pieces with 2 pine cones on each ribbon.


Tie a little bow and hang them over a hook in a diamond-esque shape and that's it! Let me preface these pictures by saying it is hard to make metallic gold look good with or without a flash. These pictures don't really do this project justice but what can you do :)
Ta-Dah!



**Check out Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
**Linked up over at the wonderful Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
come enjoy the parties!

14 comments:

  1. Cute pine cone idea! Where did you hang this up in your house at? Hope you are doing well! Ohh what part of Raleigh do you live in? I'm in Creedmoor just up the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, hope your well! They are hanging on the inside of the front fdoor like a wreath (the picture with the cream door in the background)
    I actually moved to Sanford in April (moved in with my bf, wouldnt volunteer to do that haha), but i used to live right next to Crabtree Valley Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so easy! I'm bookmarking this so I can try it sometime!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Thanks for posting...I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those turned out beautiful, I Mean BEAUTIFUL!!!
    The ribbon is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! who would have thought of screwing a hook in there? way to go!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea and so well done! Writing it down for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. L.O.V.E. this. So simple and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! We have large pinecones all over the neighborhood. Time to send my girls out to pick some up.
    @cheapchichome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so simple, yet gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this great project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah... love how the metallic paint really plays with the light! So elegant!

    Thanks for linking up to SNS #6!

    Funky Junk Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts :)