12.14.2009

Canvas Doily Tote

**Linked up over at ASPTL for DIY Day! and The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday!

I can not remember where I saw this tutorial (if you have run across it, please let me know so I can credit someone), but as soon as I did, I knew I was going to use it to "wrap" some of my Christmas gifts.

EDIT: TUTORIAL CAN BE FOUND HERE

What you will need:

Canvas tote-$2 with coupon at Michaels
Doily
Fabric Paint
Spray Adhesive

After you lay your canvas out, spray the back of the doily with a repositional spray adhesive. Press it down where you want your pattern to be.
DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! If you do, the paint will bleed and become a sloppy mess.


Paint in the open areas.

Peel off the doily while paint is still a little wet. Here is what mine looks like when it's done. I am no artists so the initial (just exacto knife a print out letter, or use your cricut to cut one) bled a little on the bottom but I still think it's wonderful!

12 comments:

  1. Totally awesome! I'm bookmarking this project for copying at a later time! :)

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHmygosh! This project is awesome!! Yes, I am also going to put this on my "when Christmas is over and have nothing to do" to do list! Hahah! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Super cute, I'm so going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!!! And what a great idea to use it as gift wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this too! Definately a downtime Christmas project and I think I have everything I need on hand to do it for free, makes it all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That came out so cute! I totally wanted to try this when I saw it. I'm even more eager to try it now.

    Ashley Ann had the tutorial a few weeks ago. http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2009/11/21/diy-doily-canvas-bag/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. I especially love how you positioned the doily off center. It adds such style! I woulda put it smack in the center, but yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant and simple! I've posted a link on childmade.com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have the option to follow you by email? I just can't keep up as well with my favorite posts unless they are sent to my inbox, lol.
    Thank you. aimhighschool@wildblue.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts :)