10.23.2009

Dollar Tree Makeover-The Result

Ok, so remember this post here with my sad collection of misfit items?(I'm looking forward to Christmas so much I can't help but reference my FAVORITE Christmas movie!)
Here is a reminder...


Well here they are all new and pretty. Not sure if this is how they will remain in my home, but take a peek...

My speckly brown birdy, nice and covered with a fresh coat of white :). He is sitting on top of those brand new $1 hard back books! I couldnt believe it. I know the sign at the store says "Everything's a Dollar" but I actually had to ask the cashier! This is on my mantel, will probably bulk up the books as I find some more.


Here is the welcome sign, now coordinating with my teal, brown, white and cream (with a splash of orange) entry way decor.

**This has nothing to do with the Dollar Tree makeover, but that little shabby birdhouse in the background I found at Salvation Army for a buck! So cute!

The blue plate and silver stand is also in the back entry way. Might put a design on the plate in the future but for right now it is just the right punch of color and simplicity.

("N" is not my last initial, it's the BF's, but "J", which is both of ours first initial, didn't stand up. haha!)

The little rug was a bust. It was far too small for the space, but I'm sure it will come in handy at some point in time. Right now it is under our shoe rack to catch the dirt so it isn't all over the floor. Time will tell it's fate!

Have any Dollar Store makeovers you want to share?

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the makeovers! I love popping in the Dollar Store every now and then, you'll never know what you'll find!

    Thanks for visiting my Decorating Mistakes party! I know it's kind of hard to tell, but those chairs in my mom's dining room aren't pink or purple, they're actually a deep burnt reddish orange, kind of hard to describe. Hopefully they'll still be in style in a few years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts :)