Tumbled Marble Coasters
This is a throw back to an old homemade gift I made before I started my blog. I had such a blast last week at DIY Day over at A Soft Place to Land, so I rummaged something up so I wouldn't be left out :) (I'm linked up so go check out all of the AMAZING DIY projects)
I don't have any process pictures but here is the scoop.
1. Buy a box of tumbled marble tiles from Lowe's (in the flooring section) for under $5 for 9 tiles.
2. Clean them off really good with a wet rag; let dry completely
3. Pick your stamp that you want to use
4. Use a high quality PERMANENT/WATERPROOF ink pad
5. Stamp the tile; let dry (some people put them in a warm oven to help set, but either way works)
6. Put cork/felt feet on the bottom.
7. When ink is dry, spray with clear sealant.
Ta-dah, that's it! These are easily personalized, and make a great little gift!
** This is the sealant I use. I think I got it at Michael's if I recall correctly.